Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Friday

It's Friday again and I have already had my hair done at 7:00. Bob and I will be leaving for Chanute and lunch with Tony and Gay at 10:00 or 10:15. I want to google the exact road name. It takes over an hour to get there because they live in the country.

The news today is terrible. I understand from the NPR news that 14 people have been killed in Colorado at a movie theater that was showing the latest batman movie. Some man came in an exit door and began spraying either pepper gas or tear gas and then sprayed the theater with bullets from four weapons. What has the word deteriorated into these past twenty years? First it was post office killings then college campus' and then high schools and now it's movie theaters. There needs to be some sort of law about guns as our society gets more violent all the time.

More later...

Bob and I went to Chanute today and had an absolutely great lunch with Tony and Gay. Tony is a great cook and Gay fixed veggies right out of their garden. We had pork roast, fresh veggies, tomatoes, corn on the cob, tea and apple pie made with apples right off their tree. Then we stayed a couple of hours and visited after lunch. I won't eat another thing today.

Missy, my cat, just came home. I have been worried sick. She is nine years old and has been out in this 106 degree heat all day while we were gone. I was going to go out in the car and look for her if she didn't come home soon. She finally showed up and I have let her in.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Nothing will be done about guns until our congress breaks the hold of the NRA. They have been bought and paid for by the gun lobby and they are not about to turn down the easy money. Disgusting!

Margie's Musings said...

It is disgusting, Betty. And they have all been bought and paid for by the NRA.