Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another Sunday

It's another Sunday and I didn't get to the market last night to get the ingredients for my salad this noon after church. I will leave in a few moments and see if anything is open at 6:00.

I will have a busy day. After the dinner, I will come home and do my letters and then this evening go to Howard and Judy's home for the small group. I will be very tired when I am finished with that. I work tomorrow so I hope I sleep as well tonight as I did last night.

More later...

O.K. I found the market open and bought the makings for my dessert and salad so I'm fixed! The dessert is cooling now and when it's cool, I'll put a glaze on it. What I have left over, I will take to work tomorrow. That's a good thing!

I have managed to get everything done before 7:30. The salad is a five cup fruit salad and I hope it will be all gone at the end of the day but if it isn't, I won't mind eating it myself. It has pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, coconut, small miniature marshmallows, and a sour cream base. I tasted it and it tastes great! I will put pecan chips on top of it before I serve it.

The dinner went well. Everyone had a different salad and we served ice tea and water for a drink. There were also three nice desserts. I will take my leftover dessert to work and my co-workers can eat it up.

I spent the afternoon doing my Sunday newsletter and then Jack and Marilyn picked me up for the small group. That ended about 9:00 and I got home about 9:30 and took my bath and went to bed. I slept well last night.

This morning I have been paying bills and bringing my checkbook up to date.

My son, Scott, will be coming for leave Tuesday but his girlfriend will pick him up and they will be at her house for most of the leave. He promises they will come see me this time. We will see.

No comments: