Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Half Day Tuesday

I work just half day today. I will get my haircut and hairdo at 10:00. In the meantime, I will do some cleaning. I haven't cleaned since the day before I went to camp. The bare floors need a good wiping with my swifter.

I try to do some housework every day. I do the bare floors on one day, the vacuuming the next morning, the dusting the third day, and the bathrooms on the fourth. Doing it that way doesn't overdo it for me on any one day. On Monday evening and weekends I try to do the big things. I was exhausted last night after that huge day at work and then mowing in the heat too.

This will be a big day at work. I am to move all those boxes from the room where the microfilm machine is located into the hall next to the jury room. The shredders will come tomorrow and I will be watching them and saving the banker boxes and the plastic storage boxes.

My son left Germany this morning for his visit in Kansas. His girlfriend will pick him up at the airport in Kansas City.

More later...

Well, I got my hair cut and fixed this morning and Bob went along and while I was under the dryer she cut his hair too. I fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch and will go to work at 1:00...I will leave about 12:40.

Possibly more later...

A big surprise this afternoon at work. They cut our hours to 16 hours a week. Some in the program had been working 34 hours a week that they offered for a couple of months. I am so glad I stayed with my 28 hours a week. That won't be as large a shock. I will lose 12 hours a week. I still think I can get by with that much. We will see.

I came home at 4:00 because they need me 5 hours tomorrow and I've already worked 11.

Richard called a little bit ago. He and Jeff are going to work on repairing the ceiling at church. The roof was repaired last fall and it has not leaked since. Now they will do the ceiling. Jeff is a perfectionist and it will take two days to do the job so it will look a lot better then it does now.

No comments: