Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

This morning I will finish cleaning my house. First priority, I need to clean the bathrooms. I also want to run the sweeper.

Then I will make my potato salad and baked beans for tonight's dinner at my son in law and daughter's home. John will grill hamburgers and Leslie will make homemade ice cream. Bob and I will go although since I learned there were going to be eighteen people there,(grandson Jeromy's friends)some of my interest has waned. Especially since there will also be fireworks. Initially it was to have been just the four of us. Jeromy and Marlene had declined the invitation and were going to have their own event at their home. Then Jeromy must have remembered that his parent's home was on a hill and changed the plan. So now there will be eighteen of us and the menu has changed to hamburgers from barbequed ribs. Oh well, I'm happy to have been invited. I seldom am anymore. John and Leslie have such busy lives of their own.

Everything changes.

Leslie used to invite me to go with her to Joplin or Bartlesville but she no longer does that. She has her own life. And I am now her "elderly" mother.

Luckily I have friends who include me. I have nothing to complain about. I'm just kind of "down" today for some reason.

Bob and I have breakfast out on Saturday mornings. We often eat lunch out once a week too. I go out a couple of days a week to check on my sister Phyllis who is in terrible condition. That in itself is depressing but I can only hope she is not aware of her condition. Alzheimer's Disease is such a terrible condition.

Bob came by a little while go. Phyllis has developed jaundice and they figure her liver is affected now. She is also in a deep sleep and breathing very shallowly. After I got my potato salad and baked beans finished, I went out and sat with them for an hour or so. I wonder if she will make it through the day... Windsor will call us if anything changes this afternoon.

3:15 Bob just called. He had been back out to see how Phyllis is doing and she is now on oxygen but doing about the same. I guess we will still plan to go out to John and Leslie's at 4:30 unless something does change before then.

4 comments:

marlu said...

Hope you have a good time with your family. Both our sons are here with the four granddaughters-first time ALL together since 2007. That is terrible but we are enjoying this few days to the hilt!

Margie's Musings said...

That's wonderful, Marlu. Have a great holiday

Sylvia K said...

Enjoy your time with your family!! And thanks -- as I wrote later, I did check the facts with Scopes. Basically, much of the information was correct but some details weren't. The general message, however, of appreciating the founding Fathers is worth the effort.

Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. I guess I missed your comment about checking scopes.com