Monday, January 28, 2013

A Different Monday

I have told my Living the Questions friends about the sale of my house. They were all very disappointed. I have a friend who owns a mobile home lot with ten mobile homes. They have one available. Their rent is $150 more then the duplex in Caney and they only pay the trash and water. I'm not sure I want to live in a mobile home park. I think senior housing would be safer. Actually I'm conflicted about it. I will need to think about it after I see the duplex in Caney. If I took the mobile home I could keep my job and all my Coffeyville responsibilities. I am on the library board and the library foundation and president of the PINCH organization. I will have to resign from all of that. I could also continue to cook for my brother-in-law and myself.

That decision will have to wait until after I see the duplex.

Today I will try to sell my mower on the Open Line 69 radio show. Before I call it in, I will have to go try to start it to make sure the battery is o.k. I sold Bob's table saw on Open Line 69 that way. I also have some yard tools that I need to sell. I have a rake, shovel, sledge hammer a leaf blower, an air compressor, and an electric power washer. I have some tools on the workbench that I need to sell too. But I will have to go through them first. The garage is filled with banker boxes and packing boxes along the west wall right now.

5 comments:

Balisha said...

There are some pretty nice mobile homes, Margie. Some have a place to go if there is a storm warning... a community center etc.
I was wondering about Bob...you two have such a nice setup with your meals and company for movies and TV. Lots to think about.Take it slow is my advice.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Oh I will Balisha. He is thinking about renting one there too and putting his house on the market.

Thanks for your advice.

I gave notice at work today. I need the time to pack. My last day is February 6th.

Balisha said...

I hope you continue to blog...I really enjoy following your life as you put it here for us to read.
Have a nice night...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Oh, I will. I have had so much support from this group. It's like my journal.

clairz said...

I was thinking that reading this blog is a lot like reading a pretty exciting novel. I always have lots of questions, but then I remember that another chapter is one its way soon and that story will unfold over time.

I am glad to hear that Bob is thinking of moving, too.