Monday, January 21, 2013

Another Holiday Monday

It's the Martin Luther King holiday today so I do not work.

I e-mailed my realtor yesterday evening and asked how the showing had gone on Saturday. This is what she said, "Margie, Dean (her husband) said the buyers really liked it and are still looking. It looks they are also considering a house on Cortez that is on the market for $129,000. They do like your backyard better than the other one.

There is a man, woman and a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. They also have two Saint Bernard dogs and need your big yard. They are supposed to get with Dean the first of the week and see if they want to look at anything else."

I imagine they will choose the house on Cortez. It is a luxury home marked down because luxury homes are not moving. It was built by a builder who builds fancy homes but on 16 inch two by four centers. I know this because he built our home in Caney. They are reputed to not hold up well over the long haul. We didn't have any problems with ours and we loved it because it was so pretty but then we only lived there four years. A doctor friend of mine has had nothing but trouble with his.

Of course, I must admit I have no idea who built this house. I don't know how sturdy it is either although it was built in 1971 and it seems to have held up pretty well. We put cement board siding on it five years ago so it is in pretty good shape now for sure. We have put a fortune in it fixing the way we want. I'll never get the money out. I had hoped to stay in the house until I died but the taxes and insurance are eating up my savings.

Bob came over last night and we watched Secretariat on DVD. I bought this one out at Wal Mart yesterday. I had seen it several years ago at the theater but it was good to see it again. Bob had never seen it.

Leslie just called and wants me to go with her to Bartlesville to pick up some shutters she's ordered in for their garden shed. Bob will come by and pick up some of the chili we had left from the dinner on Saturday. Leslie is taking her granddaughter, Maia, and wants me to go along to give her a hand with her. I have set the chili out to thaw. Bob and I will have our stew tomorrow noon.

More later....

No comments: