Thursday, January 24, 2013

Packing Again

I have been packing non-essentials for the past couple of weeks. I figure if I don't use it much I can get it packed and stacked in the garage. I went to Wal Mart and bought twenty bankers boxes to pack stuff in. They are strong and have handles so I can handle them without hurting myself. Today I packed the desks and the jewelry armoir in my bedroom. I put away all my sewing stuff. I haven't really sewed for years. I have an antique Singer sewing machine that I used to mend with when the kids were home but it hasn't been opened for years. I have about 15 boxes packed plus all those I put in just plain cardboard boxes. I have labeled each one so I will know what is in it. If and when they sell this house, I will be able to store the ones I won't be needing.

I figure if I get rid of the second bedroom furniture and perhaps my bedroom furniture, there won't be that much to store. I am leaving my stove, dishwasher and microwave with the house and the frig is negotiable. If I can only find a one bedroom, I will use my computer furniture and the daybeds instead of my bedroom furniture. The mattresses on them are better then mine. If I sell my bedroom furniture, which is Drexel, I will just have three rooms to store...and all those boxes.

When and if the time comes, I will have to sort out the books I have listed on Amazon and take them with me if I have to go to Leslie's for awhile.

They showed my house again last night...to the same kids who saw it initially. This was their second look. They want a nicer and more expensive home so I doubt they'll even make an offer.

Bob and I have been invited to lunch by Bob's son-in-law and Bob will pick me up at 11:15. He wants to help me avoid being late for work so he will take me to work and we will eat early. I should go get a video for tonight since my DVD has just shipped yesterday. It will take awhile to get here. I'll go get "Marley and Me" We never did see it and I just took it back.

No comments: