Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another Sunday

I speak today at church. It's been awhile. I put the sermon together two weeks ago when I first saw the schedule. Now I realize it's pretty short. It needs a story and right now I don't have one.

Yesterday we had a good service, although a small one, at Trinity Memorial Methodist Church. There were 46 that attended. It was held at a white church and the attendance is always better at a black church. The First Church of God in Christ is the one we usually use and is the largest black church in town and it is being torn down so the refinery can be enlarged. They will be building a new church on the west side of the community. I brought home chili and cake. I froze the chili. We had a piece of cake with our herb tea while we watched the movie.

Bob came over last evening and we watched "Cat Ballew", an old movie on DVD from the 60's. It was quite entertaining. After that we discovered there was nothing on TV worth watching and he went home to go to bed and I took my bath and went to bed too.

I suppose we will eat out together with the rest of the group after church. Tomorrow we will have the stew I made yesterday morning. We will have it with biscuits.

I didn't hear anything from the realtor yesterday. I suppose the husband did not like the house. They did show it while I was attending the service. They left a card.

More later... The sermon went just fine. We took a photo of all three new pastors and myself for a story that is to come out in next Saturday's Journal. Afterward we went to El Pueblo to eat lunch. left to right is Johnna, Dr. Melissa, me and Leslie Brooks. I will do my Sunday afternoon letters and then Bob will come back over this evening so we can watch 60 Minutes.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Hope you have a good Sunday, Margie, and thanks, as always, for your visits! Sam and I will be moving back to Portland when my lease is up here. The neighborhood has really gone down hill as the economy has worsened and both me and the children decided it was time to move before it gets any worse. I do love Portland and, of course, my youngest son and his bride live there and I lived there for fourteen years so it will be like going home!! Enjoy your week!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the information, Sylvia. I had missed the announcement.