Friday, March 8, 2013

A Terrible Day

I got quite a bit done today. I could have got more done but I had complications. Bill came down and helped my get the Roman blinds hung....all but the den one. It was the wrong size. I will return it and reorder. It was 28 inches wide and should have been 31 and a 1/4 inches wide. I can put that one up myself when it comes.

I got the kitchen one up myself. I had to climb up on the cabinets to do it. It's amazing what you can do with an icepick and a screwdriver.

The bathroom and kitchen ones were a real challenge. We could not get them to clip until we wrestled them. And we had to go to Orchelon's to get shorter screws with a hex head to install them. No one there could help us so we ran up to Ace Hardware.

After we finished, I took Bill to eat out and bought his lunch. Bob met us and joined us.

I still need to pack my underwear, socks and bras and the things I will wear for the next four days. I have two boxes of rummage packed here in the den and a couple in the second bedroom too and the steamer. I have my sewing machine and sewing box to go too from the hall closet. There are a very few things left in the utility room area. It's my small steamer and cleaning supplies box.

Also, I will need to pack the stuff in the frig and freezer Tuesday morning. The mover will be here at 8:00, he said. I did buy another ten banker's boxes this evening. I only wanted four but our Wal Mart did not have the packs of only four....wouldn't you know! So I bought ten more.

John and Jeff will have their hands full putting all that "stuff" in the garage in that cargo trailer. Part of it is old tax records to be burned and part of it is stuff to save for the rummage sale. I will also go through my clothes in the closets after I get settled and put all those things I can no longer wear in the thrift shop at the Presbyterian Church. No sense hanging on the clothes I can no longer wear.

Then I came back before the meeting and Bill turned off the water to the frig. It dripped awhile but we put a wastebasket under it figuring the line was full of water. Two hours later, the bucket was half full of water. I called Bobby frantically! He came right over and tried to tighten the cut off valve. It still leaked. He went up to Orchelon's and got a cap for it and after five tries, he finally got it tightened down and the drip stopped. However the entire afternoon was wasted. I did make one more trip to the apartment with the rest of my clothing and shoes...all but those I will wear until Tuesday.

The meeting lasted from 2:00 until 4:00 so that cut a swath out of the afternoon. I stopped at Sonic on my way back from Wal Mart and bought a child's chicken strip dinner with small coke. Again, I am exhausted!

What a mess!

No comments: