Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Better Night but a Bad Day

Last night was a better night. I took two Tylenol when I went to bed and slept pretty much through the night. I got up once to go to the bathroom but got right back to sleep and slept until 4:00 AM. I was watching PBS last night and fell asleep about an hour into the American Experience program and missed part of Frontline.

This will be a busy day. I get my hair done at 9:00 so we will leave about 8:20 and while my color is developing Bob will get his haircut. Then I am finished about 10:00 and will go buy the makeup I am nearly out of. At 11:00, when Big Cheese opens, we will eat our mini pizza and then come back home. Bob has a funeral for his brother-in-law at 1:00 and I have an appointment in Bartlesville to get my car's oil changed at the Honda agency at 1:30. After that, I am free.

Tonight, though, I have the PINCH meeting at 5:00 at St. James Methodist Church. I have given up the selling of ads for Juneteenth. I simply do not have time to devote to it. My class reunion is Memorial Day weekend and I am in charge. With my arm problem and that reunion and upcoming church reunion, I am stressed with too much responsibility right now.

While I am in Bartlesville today, I want to look at a telephone directory and see if I can find the number for Dr. Rayburn. I want to see him about my arm.

More later...

I spent two hours waiting for my car to be finished. It turned out that Fast Lube in Independence, where I had had my last oil change done, had broken my cabin air filter when trying to get it out. They had tried to repair it unsuccessfully. Honda of Bartlesville ordered another at a huge price. With the change of my transmission fluid, oil change and the replacement tomorrow of the cabin air filter, I spent $345 for what was to have been a $9.95 oil change. What a day. And I have another day just like it coming tomorrow when they install the air filter and replace the rider's side air bag which is a recall.

I got back home just in time to go to the PINCH meeting.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
I hope you get some answers for the pain in your arms.Maybe a second opinion is just what you need. You lead such a busy life...Where do you get the energy?
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I don't have a clue, Balisha. I guess it just runs in the family.

I will be happy when this class reunion is over. It has been a lot of work.