Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Successful Evening

Yesterday evening was a successful evening. All but eight registered persons made the picnic last night and everyone seemed to have a good time. My only problem with it was my usual problem with those things. At cleanup time, the committee disappeared. It was Bob and me, the wife of one of the committee members, and our friends Bobby and Karan that cleaned most of it up at the last. Everyone did pitch in to get the food out of the kitchen and onto the serving table and afterward they brought everything in and refrigerated it but for the actual cleanup, they disappeared. Well, this is the last one so I guess I can handle that this last time. Tonight at the country club the meal will be served buffet style and cleaned up by the staff.

We got away about 8:30 and were home by 9:00. I took my bath and went to bed. I slept until midnight and went to the bathroom and again at 3:00 AM woke up with my arms aching. I went back to bed after taking two more Tylenol and slept until 7:00...unusual for me. We met Bobby and Karan for breakfast at Eggberts shortly after that.

This afternoon Bob and I may go up to the Midland Theater at 2:00 to see how the progress on the renovation is going.

Then we may got over to Mayfest at Caney. We will play it by ear.

This is some of my classmates at the picnic reunion party last night.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Your classmates all look like they're having a really good time.

Margie's Musings said...

They did, Betty. And last night was just as good. Thanks for checking.