Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday for My Car

I am taking my car in to the shop this morning for brakes. It's a twelve year old Honda Civic and it's never needed a brake job. It doesn't need one quite yet but it's close. No sense waiting until the noise starts. I have no idea what a brake job costs anymore. Its been years since I've needed one. I will need to ask Gary for an estimate so I can transfer some funds into my checking account.

Our meeting last night was great fun. The rain bypassed us and we had nine out for the meeting. Karan fixed sis kabobs in her fire pit and the rest of us brought all kinds of snacks. We ate outside on her lovely patio. I brought some of my dip home. Bob had a little of his summer sausage left but all his cheese was gone. We watched the video Marilyn brought from the big Connections meeting in Texas that she and I missed because it was too far to drive. She ordered the video anyhow. Jack is getting more and more fragile and always needs help getting around but he is determined not to give up on going places so he does the best he can with the help of others and his walker.

I slept pretty well until 3:30 and then awoke with my arms aching. I got up and took a couple of extra strength Tylenol. I went back to bed but couldn't get back to sleep. I got up shortly after 4:00. I did strip my bed and did what laundry I had. It is all drying now. I sure don't like this washer in the apartment. It is hard on the clothes since it agitates. My washer over at the house was a front loading tumble washer and dryer and held a lot more clothes too. I miss it.

We have had rain for several days now and it is forecast for most of the week again. I think Wednesday is the only day without rain in the forecast. I am tired of it and the wind. Between the humidity and the wind my hair doesn't hold up at all.

I will bake my two cakes this afternoon and get them iced after they cool. I will take them up in the morning to Independence. I will have Bob's, Karan's and Phyllis' then too. My pans are a little small so I will make four or five cupcakes out of them too. I can share them with Bob.

We must have had a heck of a hailstorm last night. There are leaves everywhere. Luckily both Bob and I had our cars under our carports. There was no hail damage to them although our neighbor next door to Bob did get hail damage on his car.

More later....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It’s great that you were able to have fun with friends and bake some cakes. It's just too bad that it was offset by car problems. But at least it was safe under your carport when the hailstorm hit. Last thing you need on top of your other car problems is having to repair its exteriors of dings and scratches.

Martha Brady @ Indianapolis Dent Company