Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stormy Sunday

I woke up a half hour ago to the sound of a thunderstorm. The lightning scared Missy and she climbed up under my covers and scratched me on the leg. It was 5:22 anyhow and time to get up. I got dressed and made some coffee and warmed up some biscuits in the skillet. I had a cup of coffee and listened to the storm. There were several tornadoes here in Kansas last night but so far at least, none around here.

I will ask Bob to let me drive to church this morning. In case of hail, I don't want his nice car to get hit. My car is twelve years old.

More later...

The rain stopped after we got to church and the sun came out. For how long I don't know. The storm is supposed to come back tonight with hail. We'll see.

We went to Sirloin Stockade for lunch. There were seven of us. The food was good and it included dessert. That was good too.

We are to go to Bobby and Karan's tonight and take snacks. I hope it doesn't hail where we're there. In the meantime, I will do my Sunday letters.

More later.

I got my Sunday letters finished about 2:10 and I have the rest of the afternoon to do what I want. I do need to go to Country Mart and get the makings for a dip and some chips. Then at 6:00 we will go to Bobby and Karan's house for the group meeting.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Gosh, I sure hope you and Bob are home safe and sound. I've been looking at the tornado warning maps for your area. Thinking about you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair. It all missed us.