Friday, May 24, 2013

Class Reunion Evening

Tonight is the Bar B Q evening of the class reunion I have been working on for months. I will go out this afternoon about 3:00 and put the plastic tablecloths on the picnic tables in the lodge and lay out the name tags on a table in alphabetical order so they will be easy to find. I also want to check that everything is clean. Bob says he will go with me. We are having the Bar B Q brisket and the rest of the dinner catered by Hog Heaven. I hope it doesn't rain this evening. We are planning for smores after dark at the fire pit. Phyllis is bringing the makings.

Tomorrow evening is the banquet. We tried to have something for everyone. Some liked the idea of a Bar B Q at the lodge and others thought we should have a dress up banquet. So we are having both. This will be our last class reunion. It is the 60th. There are fewer and fewer of us to work on these things and fewer and fewer of us to clean up afterward. John and Larry and I did all the footwork for this one. Phyllis and Ron each live out of town.

Missy seems a lot better this morning. She laid around all day yesterday and seemed to be crippled in one of her rear legs. She was on my bed though when I awoke this morning. I wasn't sure she could jump up there when I went to bed. She is lying here in the doorway to the living room now. I slept fine but my arms were both aching badly when I woke up. I took a couple of Tylenol when I made up my face and brushed my teeth. They are better now.

Bob and I went to Dee's graduation last night. It began at 7:00 and lasted until almost 9:00. Dee is Bob's granddaughter. After Terry and Denise's children were nearly raised, they had Dee. Terry had had lymphoma when he was young and was told he couldn't father any more children so they certainly didn't expect Dee. Life is full of surprises.

No comments: