Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Better Saturday

I slept much better last night and after I got up this morning I called Bob. We went to breakfast a little early. Eggbert's new restaurant opened yesterday and I knew it would be packed. Sure enough it was except by going early, we beat most of the crowd.

I don't think we're going to do anything special today because it's the Saturday before Labor Day and the roads will be full of traffic.

I had my coverlet washed and dried and picked it up yesterday in Independence and put it back on my bed. I ordered a new one in Mink color...whatever that is. I hope it's a form of brown because that's what my dust ruffle is. It's tan. It's been shipped so I should know in the next week.

I bought a Coffeyville Journal this morning and the Coffeyville State Bank is merging with the Condon Bank. That will be interesting. I might be interested in changing banks since the Coffeyville State Bank is just a block away.

I walked down to visit with Maureen after we returned from breakfast. She is a sweet little woman. I was going to pay my rent a little while ago but my landlord is not home. I will catch him later.

More later...

Bob and I went to Independence to the Great China restaurant there for lunch. Then we went to Wal Mart and bought some stuff for the dinner we are providing for Marilyn and her family for tomorrow. Bob bought some garlic bread and I got the pasta I needed for my casserole. I fixed the casserole when I got home and took it over to Marilyn's. They will have it tomorrow for dinner after their family arrives. I will go up to the hospital and sit with Jack from 6:00 to about 7:30 tonight so Marilyn and her sister, Annie, can go out to eat dinner. They hate to leave Jack alone. On top of everything else, he has some dementia.

No comments: