Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Hot Sunday Again

It going to be another hot Sunday again...typically August and we're almost through August. It's hard to believe it's the 25th already. I will have church this morning and I have the sermon. The theme is "Be Compassionate". I have worked on it off and on for a couple of weeks.

I have been working on charging this new battery for the laptop for a couple of days and have followed the directions carefully. It still is only charging to two and a half hours. I was hoping to get four hours out of it. No such luck.

After church, I assume we will eat out somewhere. We didn't last week because of the potato bar. The week before John and Leslie did something different. I believe they went to Bartlesville on an errand and probably ate there by themselves.

I heard from Myra yesterday. She and I will eat out in Bartlesville on Thursday. I haven't seen her for a couple of months. She has had her daughter Michelle there and took her home to Wyoming after the visit and then stayed a week with her. It will be good to see her again.

More later...

After church, a group of us went to El Publeto for lunch. John and Leslie and the girls did not come. They went to Braums and had lunch by themselves. I kind of hate that because Sunday is the only time I even get to see Leslie and she usually is busy with the visual or sound systems and doesn't always even sit in the church school class. John doesn't either. He usually reads the paper. The girls keep them jumping just staying up with them. I guess that's all a part of growing older. Your children have their own interests and we older folks are not always a part of their interests. That's why I try to develop my own interests. I have the exercise classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday and PINCH and the Living the Questions group. I also have my neighbors that I sometimes visit with on their patio. My boys are very far away.

I told the group that probably John and Leslie and the girls would not be eating with us again. Leslie says they don't get a visit with any of us because the girls take so much of their attention.

Tonight, near 7:00, Bob and I will go to Bobby and Karan's for the Living the Questions group. That will last until 9:00. Tomorrow afternoon I will bake my two cakes and ice them for the Christian Church in Independence on Tuesday. They serve nearly 200 people for dinner on Tuesday evenings.

No comments: