Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Poor Sleep Last Night

I awoke at 2:30 last night after going to bed at 10:00. I could not get back to sleep. I tried to relax but just couldn't. I took a melatonin tablet at 3:30 but that didn't do it either. I hope I can get a nap this afternoon. I cleaned house and scrubbed floors all yesterday afternoon. I wanted the house as spotless as possible after the pin worm problem. It turned out to be pin worms after all....not round worms. I haven't seen a sign of them today even after Missy used the litter box. I cleaned that right up. I threw out the old litter and washed the box thoroughly and bought new litter to put in it. I stripped my bed and washed everything in hot water. The Advantage Multi must be working.

I will cook today. I have put chicken tenders down in the frig from the freezer. We will have those and mashed potatoes and gravy and the other roasting ear. I will cut it in two. Bob will bring his salad. I have cupcakes for dessert.

Tomorrow I will meet Myra for lunch in Bartlesville. We will decide where we will eat after we meet.

I have exercise class today. That is from 9:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Sometimes we go get coffee afterward. I never drink coffee after noon but I wonder if my two to three cups in the early morning and that cup after 10:00 AM might be disturbing my sleep. I will skip that today and see if that makes a difference.

I watched the PBS show last night about the march on Washington. That was in 1963. I don't even remember much about it since I was busy, busy, busy rearing kids at that time. I had a three year old, a six year old and an eight year old at that time. I felt swamped. Bob was working full time and going to school too. I seldom saw him. Those years were like a nightmare to me. I was overwhelmed. I was never very good with children and my own were no exception. I did the best I could with the energy I had. We never missed a Walt Disney movie and we bought a swimming pool family ticket every summer. Bob and the kids and I always went to camp every summer. We went camping every other weekend. We first bought a station wagon tent that attached to our station wagon and later bought a pop up camper. We did a lot of neat things like hiking. We only had one car and Bob usually had it with his schedule. It was a long time ago. My kids are 52, 56 and 58 now and I love all of them dearly. They are neat caring kids.

Ah...how time flies!!

No comments: