Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Once Again and Bad Problems

It's Friday again! How the weeks fly by!

I took my coverlet to Independence yesterday to have it laundered. I will pick it up today when I go to get my hair done.

Yesterday's lunch with Myra was a joy. We talked and shared for two hours. She is such a nice person. We have become so much closer since her Bob died right after mine died. I believe he died in August after my Bob died in May. I went down to Vinita for the services. We were very close to them when we lived in Bartlesville.

We went to Garfield's in the mall. We both had walnut cranberry salad and half a sandwich. It was very good. I got back home about 2:00 and took a nap. Then Bob came over for awhile and visited. It was a nice day.

I went to bed about 9:00 and slept pretty well.

We have our exercise class this morning at 9:00.

Today I will fix swiss steak and boiled potatoes for lunch. Bob will bring salad and we still have some of the bag of frozen veggies he brought Tuesday so we will have some more of them. I still have cupcakes for dessert.

More later....

Lunch was very good. Now I am trying to get some rest. I have no plans for the afternoon.

Updated news...

Well, the worst has happened to my friends Marilyn and Jack, her husband. Jack, who has a serious rare lung disease, fell yesterday and was taken by EMTs for the hospital. He has cracked some vertebra and Marilyn, who has Parkinsons Disease. cannot take care of him. She weighs less then 100 pounds. She cannot even get him out of a chair. He is not lucid and with his lung problem cannot have surgery. He will be in the hospital for two weeks and then they will move him into Windsor Place, the nursing home my sister lived in for two years before she died. Jack is 82 and Marilyn is 79. Marilyn's sister is there for her for awhile but she has a job and will have to get to work eventually. Our Living the Questions group will need to help by having Marilyn for dinner when her sister is gone. Few of us can cook for one.

What a tragedy.

1 comment:

Balisha said...

I'm so sorry Margie. This is such a problem for them. As they say "Old age ain't for sissies" I find that is true more days than not, for people who are elderly.
I know you will help as much as you can.
Take care,
Balisha