Sunday, August 18, 2013

Different Sunday

Today will be a little different. We have a guest minister coming and a potato bar afterward. I am taking a bag of shredded four Mexican cheeses. I am also taking Judy's Cherry Oatmeal Delight for one of the desserts. I have never made this dessert before but it looks and sounds good. We will see. Bob is taking some Bacon Bits. There will be at least a dozen different toppings for the potatoes.

Yesterday morning Bob and I went to Bartlesville. First he bought gas at Dewey where it is a little cheaper at $3.27.9. Then we went to the mall where I found another new top at Christopher and Banks. I had two pair of olive green slacks/jeans and nothing that really went with them. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. I had a 40% off coupon so the $30 top only cost me a little over $19.

Then we were going to eat at Dink's Bar B Q but Dink's was closed. They had some kind of special occasion (they didn't say what it was) and wouldn't open to the public until evening. So we decided to go to Chili's. There we found a two for $20 deal and both bought a 6 ounce sirloin. It was very good and it had been quite awhile since I had had a steak. My Bob and I used to go to Garfield's now and then for their 6 ounce sirloin and it was always very good. So for something different, that was a treat.

I just took the Cherry Oatmeal Delight out of the oven and it smells really good. I will try it at the dinner and if I really like it, I may make it for the Living the Questions group the first Sunday evening in September.

When I get home after the dinner, I will have my letters to do. Then later this evening I will watch 60 MInutes, the news program.

No comments: