Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday and Exercises Again

Bob and I will go to exercise classes this morning and then home. Later I will fix hamburgers and french fries for our lunch. I don't want anything that will cause leftovers. We leave tomorrow morning for Branson. We will take my car this time. We have put a lot of miles on Bob's over the past two years. Mine only has a little over 47,200 miles on it.

I awoke at 3:00am this morning and could not get back to sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I blew my nose I had another bloody nose. That worries me. That's the way the erysipelas started last fall. It didn't break out until February but I had had bloody noses all fall and then caught a cold in January. After the cold was over, I had the breakout of the erysipelas. I certainly don't want that again. Between that and the aching arms, it has not been a good year this year for me health-wise. I am spoiled to being healthy. I am not prepared to start having health problems. If a strong mind about such things can help, I should stay healthy. :) In January was the first time I had to start taking blood pressure meds. Up until three years ago, I took no meds at all. Melissa put me on thyroid because of my low thyroid and my hair falling out. I don't know if that has helped or not. It's still pretty thin.

I hope to get a nap this afternoon.

Before I even begin this post, let me say I am in favor of the Affordable Care Act. We are the only first world country in the world that does not have some kind of national health care.

I know there are literally hundreds of medical law suits filed by local doctors and the hospital to try to recover some funds from people who have used the emergency room and have no insurance. These people are routinely turned over to collection agencies who also add on their fees. And I also know there are hundreds of medical bankruptcies.

However, what the government doesn't seem to realize about the Affordable Care Act is that many, many of the younger generation are loaded with debt.....much of it credit card debt but some of it is education debt. They can't buy a car or a house because of this debt. They have no more credit. How they will afford health insurance when we only have two insurance companies in Kansas who are participating in the exchange, is beyond me. They will not be competitive as the government expects. Even with the available tax credit and the lowest cost bronze plan, it will be just another difficult expense for them to pay.

Congress, especially the House, needs to spend their valuable time tweeking the Affordable Care Act instead of trying to defund it. The Supreme Court has ruled that is is constitutional and it is the law of the land.

I think the Republican party will have to pay the price for their stalling policies at the mid term elections. I hope the voting public will hold them accountable.

More later....

1 comment:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I agree can we just move forward and stop the political bickering over this. People need health insurance, period.