Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Very Cold Tuesday

I'm in a dilemma. It's 5 degrees out there and I have cakes to take to Independence to the Christian Church up there for their dinner tonight. I also have my hair appointment today at 10:30. We got a lot of snow last night. I don't know whether to chance it or not. Last Friday, when we had our first snow, I just washed my own hair. The hair is not the main thing though. It's the cakes. I am not sure what to do. I guess I'll wait until it gets light to decide. It's only 6:20 AM now. I really can't see well enough to see how much snow we got last night. It looks like about three inches though.

I puttered around here by myself last evening. It was too cold and messy for Bob to walk over so he stayed home too. I watched reruns of The Big Bang Theory and part of "Home Alone Lost in New York City". I had never seen that. It was a lot of nonsense but at least it wasn't full of sex and violence. (Actually it was full of violence but the kind that is entirely irrational and impossible).

I'm having nosebleeds again. I sprayed my nostrils with saline solution last night and this morning in hopes of averting that but it did not work. I don't know what else to do. The nosebleeds led to the erysipelas last winter. I sure don't want that staph infection again this winter. It could be very dangerous.

More later...

I'm going up to Independence a little earlier this morning so I can go out to their Wal Mart store and buy a room humidifier. That may be the only answer to my morning nosebleeds. I called, Terry, the pastor at the Christian Church and he says the roads are passable if one is careful. It looks like a couple of inches of snow out there. It's "up" to 9 degrees now too.

My trip to Independence went just fine. After I got my hair done, I met my daughter for lunch. Then after that I went out to their Wal Mart and bought a vaporizer to help get some moisture in my bedroom so my nose wouldn't bleed every morning. I hooked it up and waited thirty minutes or so to see if the steam would help keep me from having a bleeding nose every morning. It didn't appear to be working so I thought I would add a pinch of salt as the instructions suggested. I pulled the plug and took it apart....and what do you know, it wasn't even warm. The motor was as cold as though it had not been plugged in at all. Needless to say, I ran it out to our Wal Mart for a refund. Disgusting! Now I'm back to square one.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Your nosebleeds could be dry winter air...do you have moisture in your house?
If it doesn't let up by Monday...maybe you should call the Dr. and get a head start this time.
It's really cold here too. When Joe left he said that it's warmer than yesterday...7 deg. Doesn't sound warm to me:)
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It doesn't sound warmer to me either, Balisha.

Still, I don't know what the doctor could do about my dry nose tissue, Balisha. If saline solution doesn't help, what would?