Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cold Wednesday!

It's 9 degrees out there this morning and the house is very nice and cozy inside even though I haven't turned up the heat yet. It's still on 65.  I don't know whether we will have exercise class this morning or not. It is very cold for us old folks to be out and especially on slick streets.

I had a very good night's sleep. I went to bed at 9:00 and woke up at 6:00. I did have some strange dreams but anyhow I feel very rested this morning.

I put my beans on in the slow cooker last night. I tasted them awhile ago and I think they're going to be just fine. Later this morning I will make some cornbread. I think cornbread and beans will be plenty. We ate leftover meatloaf yesterday with fried potatoes and corn. Bob brought a relish plate and I also used the rest of the cottage cheese and pineapple. We had hot tea to drink. He had a cupcake for dessert and I had the fruit. I had the rest of the fruit for my supper. Last night he came over and we watched TV until 8:00. 

I missed my hair appointment yesterday so I stepped into the shower and washed my own hair this morning. I blew it dry. It doesn't look bad but nothing as nice as Carol makes it look when I have it done. I may miss Friday too because of this weather.....snow and ice. If so, I will just step back into the shower again.

I had my biscuit and coffee for breakfast this morning. I will eat a banana in a minute. I need the potassium, I know.

Here's the snow on my patio:



More later....

No comments: