Saturday, February 8, 2014

Breakfast Saturday

Today Bob and I will go up to Eggberts for breakfast and later we plan to go to Bartlesville and have lunch there.  It's been awhile since we've been out of town what with this terrible weather and all.  They are forecasting snow for tomorrow so if we don't go today we will be stuck in again for another long spell.

Bob came over for awhile last evening and we had a little wine and watched TV. Shields and Brooks is on PBS on Friday evenings with their analysis of the news and I like to listen to them. They usually make good sense.  Brooks is the easiest to listen to but Shields has one of those great memories for statistics I admire so much. They are both "up" on everything. Brooks is a Republican (I believe) ad Shields is a Democrat but they are great friends it seems.  Too bad Congress can't be like that. PBS is the one station I can listen to for news and commentary because I believe they all have integrity.

Anyhow, I slept terrible last night. My arms hurt and Missy got the great idea at 3:00 AM to climb up on top of my chest and purr.  She weighs 18 pounds so you can only imagine what that feels like. Then when she finally got down, she gave herself a bath. I wasn't able to sleep anyhow. I finally got up at 5:15, my usual time.

Missy has developed some arthritis. She cries out when she jumps down off my lap or off the bed or chair. And when she lays down, it's very very slowly. She will be 11 years old in March.  I have not been so attached to an animal since Moxie.  Moxie was a dog we owned when the kids were in grade school and junior high. When we moved to Caney in 1969, soon afterward someone hit her and ran over her. We were all devastated ....especially Leslie, my daughter. She gave her a funeral. We buried her in our backyard. I know I will be just as devastated when I lose Missy.  She has been a lot of company since my Bob died.

More later....

We did go to Bartlesville today and while we were there I bought a new pair of Clark's shoes for 90% off the regular price. I am delighted with that sale.

He came over this evening and we watched The Big Bang Theory. again.  I then worked at saving everything on My Documents to a thumb drive.  Just in case this laptop dies today, I will have all the important stuff saved.  I put a new lithium battery in it and I am not sure I can get the thing to charge after it discharges. I believe the XP operating system may not support charging it since I cannot change the battery settings  by changing it to Energy Saver. That setting doesn't seem to exist on this system.

1 comment:

marlu said...

What an amazing sale! I don't think I've seen one like that in our "neck of the woods."