Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Again

How the weeks fly by!

I did not sleep well last night. I ate too much food at the Living the Questions group at Bobby and Karan's.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the new DVD "Painting the Stars". 

"Celebrating the communion of science and faith, Painting the Stars explores the promise of evolutionary Christian spirituality. Featuring over a dozen leading theologians and progressive thinkers, the seven-session program includes a downloadable/printable participant reader (written by evolutionary theologian Bruce Sanguin) and a facilitator guide with discussion questions. The basic format for each 1-1 1/2 hour session includes conversation around the readings, a 20-minute video presentation and guided discussion."
I am not used to eating in the evening.  Even though we just had a bowl of chili for lunch at Brahms, I still do not sleep well with a full stomach.

Anyhow, I got up at 4:55. I put my makeup on and got dressed. Missy flew by me to the frig to get her cat treats and also a fresh bowl of cat food. She had nearly eaten it all.

I fixed myself a cup of warmed up coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. Now I need to take my blood pressure med.  I forgot it. One med I take on an empty stomach and the other after breakfast.  I can't keep track of this stuff. I'm not used to taking any meds. I lived over 75 years without meds.

Today we will take in the exercise class and then I will fix goulash and green beans for lunch/dinner. Bob will bring coleslaw. I will fix some more pudding for dessert.  We are out of cookies. Sometime this week I need to bake cookies.

Thursday I take my car in to the Honda agency in Bartlesville for an oil change...the first since I bought it.   Bob will go with me and we will eat at Dink's Bar B Q afterward. It's been awhile since we've been to Dink's.

I preside at church on Sunday and I need to go out to church sometime this week and get the communion table set up and also set up a worship center.

If it would just warm up I would rake again and finish bagging up another eight or ten bags of leaves. It will be interesting to see what Merrill has to say when he sees the fourteen bags out there now.  He should have mowed and mulched them like his dad did before he had to give up the mowing.

But this is supposed to be another cold week.  The warm week was last week but the only calm day was Friday. . Otherwise the wind blew furiously. In fact, on Saturday I had to fetch five of  the bags from the neighbor's yards.  The wind blew them down there ...twice.

I finally got my bathroom and kitchen floors cleaned and washed! I've put that off for two weeks. I've cleaned them but hadn't washed them. Now they are cleaner.

After lunch I helped Bob bag up another two bags of leaves. Then I came in to rest before going back out to finish my own job.  At 2:00, when I went back out, it had turned cold and I couldn't do it.

I looked out the window a bit ago and my landlord's son, Merrill, was out there finishing the job between our apartments where Bob and I worked after lunch. I hope he finishes mine on the east side of my apartment too. The leaves have piled up two feet deep around my air conditioning unit. If he doesn't get that mess out of there, I will not be able to turn on my air conditioner. If he doesn't get those leaves hauled off, the next warm day, I will have to finish the job myself.

Well, he left those leaves...so I will have to  bag them up myself as soon as the warm weather returns. Bah Humbug!

4 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You are always so busy and full of activity ! :)

Cold here again too! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Only because the work needs to be done and I am the only one who can do it, Deb.

But I do stay busy.

Balisha said...

Your meals always sound so good and often give me ideas. I think I've told you that before...just wanted you to know that someone out here has a tummy that is growling.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, Balisha, someone in here has a tummy that is growing too. :)