Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Monday

We got some much needed rain last night and I guess drought ridden Oklahoma did too. We live about a mile north of Oklahoma in southeast Kansas and are in the area of the Tulsa TV coverage. We are to get rain all week.

Yesterday would have been my Bob's 84th birthday.  

I slept until 5:15 and then got up to get dressed and eat something. I had one of the biscuits I baked yesterday for Keith and Esther and I fixed some coffee and went out on the carport with Missy. While we were sitting there, one of the larger foxes came trotting up the road from the creek nearby. We sat very still until he disappeared into the culvert in front of the apartment complex. Missy was spooked. She waited by the door to get back into the apartment.

Bob and I will go out to John and Leslie's this evening for a cookout. John is quite a fisherman and he will grill some fish. I am to bring french cut green beans. They will serve that homemade ice cream for dessert that they served to Keith and Esther on Saturday afternoon.   I need to go to the market today. I need several things....among them..the green beans. I have a list.

More later.... 

We had a great time at John and Leslie's but were the first to leave. I ate way too much and two big bowls of homemade ice cream but stayed up to watch American Experience when we got back home. Then I took my bath and went to bed.. 

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How special that would be, to see a fox ! :)

Foxes and grilled fish...a great day! :)

Margie's Musings said...

It is special, Deb!