Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quiet Thursday

Well, it was about to be a quiet Thursday anyhow but one of my friends, Karan, called this morning to say she was in ICU. She had been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.  She awoke in the night with chest pain and it rotated to her jaw and she had her husband take her to the emergency room. They are still trying to get her converted.  So far, that has not happened. She was concerned that an elderly man she visits in the nursing home on Thursdays would be looking for her to come and would be disappointed if he didn't know what had happened so, after I prayed over her, Bob and I went to the nursing home and told him she would not be coming today.

I got the goulash made for tomorrow and will soon start the hamburger steaks for today's lunch. Leslie had sent me home some of the new potatoes she fixed for Monday evening and I still had some of my french cut green beans too. Bob will bring a salad. Marlene, my granddaughter-in-law, sent me home some of her strawberries from her garden so I will fix them too for dessert.

Later, after lunch, I will go back out to see Karan again. 

More later...

I went out to see Karan again after lunch and she still had not converted and was still in ICU.   I will go back out this evening and check on her again.

No comments: