Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Laid Back Sunday

The kids left this morning at 6:20 on their eighteen hour drive back to Phoenix. They will take turns driving. They will rest up Monday before going back to work on Tuesday. They had a wonderful time! I am so glad!  It was Keith's 40th reunion and it was a big one. They met at a classmate's home and he served hot dogs and hamburgers. Keith got there early and helped the classmate set up for it.  Then he cooked the hot dogs and hamburgers.

They also enjoyed the homemade ice cream at John and Leslie's last night. They got to see Jeromy, their son too. (my grandson) Jeromy is building on to his house and so was later getting there. 

I got ready for church after they left this morning.  I read the paper and then took it over to Bob. He will read it and take it to my son in law after church.

After dinner out today I will do my letters and get them ready for Tuesday's mail.  There will be no mail tomorrow because of the holiday. Tomorrow  evening we will go back to John and Leslie's for grilled fish and homemade ice cream.

More later......

I got my letters finished and out on the mailbox even though they won't go out until tomorrow because of the holiday. I was working with the new laptop trying to figure out the address book when Everett and his daughter, Tricia came. They came to decorate graves for Memorial weekend. Everett is the widower of my cousin, Pat, who died a couple of years ago. They stayed the better part of an hour and once again Everett invited me to come visit them in Houston. I don't have the resources for such a trip but it was nice to be invited anyhow. I wish I had taken some photos but I didn't think of it. I did call Bob to come over and visit with them. We had a good visit.

Later  Bob and I walked over to Braums and had an ice cream cone instead of something for supper.  He stayed to watch 60 Minutes and an episode of Big Bang Theory.

I got to bed about 10:00 and slept well.  

No comments: