Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Shorter Tuesday

Today should be shorter if my relief comes in at 1:00. We are in the middle of a huge thunderstorm right now and have been all night. We are under a flash flood warning and I'm not sure how I will get to Independence with the cakes. I will wait until after work at 1:00. Maybe by then the rain and storm will be over.

Yesterday at work was a nightmare (see yesterday afternoon's post). If this was to be another long day, I am not sure I could make it. I definitely ate a bowl of cereal this morning.  I still  have yesterday's lunch in the frig at the museum.

Bob called awhile ago and checked on me. We do that when we're not sure the other person is alright. We are planning to go to Branson this Friday and Saturday if the weather clears up.  Bobby and Karan will go with us.

More later....

It's after 7:00AM now and the rain appears to be moving on.  It's supposed to continue here  until 11:00 this morning. Maybe it will come back again.  Bob came over awhile ago to drink his coffee and visit with me.  He has gone back home to to get his trash barrel out for the pick up this morning. I took mine over last night before the rain began again.

The TV says Bartlesville has 7,000 homes without power this morning.  The company is there to repair them but is waiting for the lightening to move on to climb those poles to repair the lines. 

Even more  later....

I worked until 1:00 this afternoon and then came home and took the four cakes I had to Independence. Bob went with me to help. Then we went to pay our rent and then out to Wal Mart for a few groceries and some printer cartridges.  I only had two customers all morning.

Aime is going to move me after Thursday. She says it is against their rules to work me without supervision since I am a senior. I have no idea where she will move me.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I hope today is better for you. You may need to keep a granola bar and a bottle or water around in the shop. It is good that you have power. Your storms west of us in N. Illinois disappear when they get here. Crossing Illinois seems too much for them. I hope milder Autumn weather comes in for you in the west.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sue. Today was much calmer. All morning, three hours, I had two customers. So it was much calmer. However, Aime is going to move me to another site after Thursday. I am supposed to work with supervision under this SER program. I have no supervision in my 20 hours of work. That is against their rules.

marlu said...

I am glad you will have a chance to leave on a break - that should happen with another human there!

ChuckFu said...

Hope they move you to a more suitable place, where maybe you can sit down