Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday and Decorating the Church

This morning at 9:30, I will go help Leslie decorate the church for Christmas then afterward go on to work at the library. I don't know how many will be there because Karan and Bobby are out of town. It may just be Leslie and me. I also don't know how much we can get done in a couple of hours.

I slept really well last night.  In fact, I didn't wake up at all until almost 5:00, my regular time of rising.

I let Missy out this morning while I swept off the carport floor. She wandered around in the dark and when I finished, I called her and she came right back home. She was over to Marilyn's and in front of her door.  But I had no problem getting her back home this time. Now she's in on the daybed...sleeping.

I think I will go to the Wal Mart store to look for Chi Latte for my Keurig. Last night I drank some of that Chi that Leslie gave me yesterday afternoon and it may have helped me to sleep. There's an ingredient in milk that helps us sleep. And there is milk in that latte.

Yesterday Leslie had a really fine Thanksgiving dinner. We had the traditional turkey basted with something delicious, homemade stuffing,  my Bob's fruit salad, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and freshly made rolls. She had three kinds of dessert. Two pies, (one pecan and one pumpkin with some sort of caramel topping) and a cake with chocolate in the center.  Afterward I helped her clean up the kitchen.  It was a great family experience with my grandson and his two girls, my niece and her youngest daughter, Bob A. and me, and John and Leslie.

More later....

I spent from 9:00 until 12:00 working at decorating the church. 

Here are some photos of what  we got finished. We still have the tree to put up but ran out of time.
Here are the sanctuary doors:
And the nativity scene:
The foyer table:



Then I stopped at Sonic and bought a Sonic Blast to eat to tide me over until this evening. I had had just a biscuit for breakfast so I was really hungry this evening. I had a bowl of fruit salad left over from yesterday.

I got my newspaper and sat down to read it this evening. Missy is meowing at me to go outside . I let her out a little bit ago and went out myself to sweep off all the leaves from my carport door. She ran back in when I opened the door to go out . Now she wants back out.  Cats!

2 comments: