Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesday and Exercises

We went to exercises this morning. Bob came over earlier to watch the news.  He has no TV until Cox gets there this morning to get his TV hooked up correctly. They turned off his box yesterday and now he has no TV at all. He is paying Sycamore Landing for his part of their business account but doesn't know how to hook it up. 

We will eat our leftover beef and mac this noon with coleslaw and garlic bread. Then tomorrow I will fix the Waldorf Salad and green bean casserole for the Thanksgiving dinner at John and Leslie's. She wants to eat at 12:30. I will fix the salad earlier and leave the casserole until later...just before we leave.

Bob's daughter and her husband from Wisconsin will be here on Friday and I will work in the afternoon that day and Saturday morning too to make up for being off for Thanksgiving.  They will all eat out at "Just Us" on Friday.

I like my job at the library just fine but the only thing I don't like is the teens behavior in the teen room. They are not only loud but they do a lot of hugging and kissing in there. I told them that is inappropriate behavior for a library and they need to go somewhere else if they're going to do that. Those that were just noisy, I told to quiet down....that they were in a library where folks were trying to read and study.  Adrian says they pay no attention to his and the other librarians. I will continue to correct them unless the librarian tells me to stop. 

What a shame they haven't been taught differently. They use the library as a hang out since there are computers in there. When I was on the board, the people were limited to thirty minutes on the computers unless they were doing a  job search or doing taxes. I don't know what has happened since then.

More later....

I was very busy again this afternoon. The teenager who helps with the DVDs didn't work today. It's a school holiday. 

Bob came over for lunch. He got his TV fixed and they did not charge for that either. He was lucky.

Then after my work, he came back again and had wine with me and watched the news and stayed until 7:00. I watched Nature and it was a program I had seen last year about a man who raised turkeys and actually became their "mother". He wanted to find out how that would go.  

But finally  I just went to bed. I was so tired.

2 comments:

marlu said...

That was really prompt service by the tv provider! Next day hook-up!

The no charge is good too because that seemed to have been their error - turning off the box!

Thankful for good deeds especially when they are from a company.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for visiting, Mary Lou! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.