Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday and Work Again

I slept well last night with no leg pain. I went to bed a little later and that may have made the difference. We had a nice meeting at Bobby and Karan's although Joyce and Keith had gone to Louisiana for a family funeral so we had a smaller group. There were eight of us. I will have the next meeting on December 7th.

Missy was a little impatient with me this morning when I didn't get to the kitchen fast enough to suit her and she scratched me on the ankle. I swatted her behind for that and she has settled down. That cat!

Today I will fix lunch before I leave for Independence to balance Juanita's checkbook.  That way I won't feel rushed afterward. I am having something called skillet mac and beef. It's quick and easy and I will serve it with green beans and garlic toast. Bob will bring coleslaw.  I will fix pudding for dessert and I still have cookies.  We will have hot tea with it.

We should be well finished with lunch before I leave for work.

More later.....

My niece, Denise came with Bob for lunch today. We had plenty of mac and beef and I even took a bowl over for Bobby on my way to work.

I worked hard this afternoon and am exhausted this evening. I went back to town to do the invocation for the city commission meeting only to find that it was Monday and the meeting is on Tuesday  evening. Getting old is not for sissies! After I came back home, I took my bath, put my PJs on and tried to stay up to watch something on TV but Monday evenings are notoriously dull.

I ended up just going on to bed.


No comments: