Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday and My Hair Appointment.

Today is my hair appointment and I need to run by Juanita's again. I wrote the check for her real estate tax wrong and will need to alter it to be correct. After my hair appointment I will go out to their Wal Mart and get the fruit for my Waldorf salad for Thanksgiving and a few other things I need. Then I will stop by Big Cheese and pick up a small pizza for our lunch.

I slept fairly well last night. I awoke at 2:00 and it took me an hour to get back to sleep. But then I slept until 5:00.

Katie, the librarian,  is on vacation today.  I don't exactly know what I will do at the library. They would rather I didn't put DVDs away and file the cases since they have a high school girl who comes in from 1:00 until 2:30 and that's about all she can do.  So I did shelf reading while she was there but then discovered she did not get any of the DVD cases put back on the shelves. Her councilor had come in and they discussed what she would be taking at school next year. I spent from 3:00 until 5:00 putting away those DVDs and doing that filing and got finished just in time to find another thirty to be emptied and filed. I made a dent in that bunch before I left at 5:00. There are still about fifteen or so left to be done from yesterday. I imagine they will want her to do that.

I sent out late notices with part of my afternoon and also cut out invitation postcards and put labels on them for the "grand reopening" to be held on December 21st. The library has had a major renovation this summer. It was built several years ago and has had no upkeep at all.  Finally they passed a one cent sales tax to finance upkeep on the city's buildings and the streets.

More later....

I got my hair done and some Christmas shopping done this morning too and then I picked up a small pizza for lunch. Bob had brought coke over and we drank that with our pizza. My insulated bag kept it warm until I got home.

After lunch I went to work. There were tons of DVDs again so I worked on putting them away and putting them in cases to be filed.

Again the teens were noisy and I once again reminded them that they were in a library.

I left at 5:00 and came home to find Bob over. He had cancelled his TV at the apartment here and Cox turned off his box. Now he has no TV without that. He is supposed to be connected to the business account at Sycamore Landing. So he had to call Cox to come tomorrow to fix that.

He stayed while I went to give the invocation at the city commission meeting and then I came right back home.  We had our wine and a chocolate from the box that Juanita gave me.

He went home about 7:00.

No comments: