Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Three Hour Wednesday

Today I mailed off those newsletters and then worked three hours today until noon. Then I came home and warmed up the beans and leftover cornbread for lunch. I will work two hours on Saturday to make up for the lost two hours time. I will also work five hours on Friday. I am trying to make up for the three days we were closed this pay period....Christmas Eve day, Christmas and New Year's day. That's twelve hours to make up. 

I went to the Dollar Store to pick up a few things while I was out.  I also went by Orschelon's Farm Store to get bird seed. There's a chance for bad weather this weekend and I don't want the birds to go hungry.

I balanced my checkbook too. This is one of those bad months that I don't get my social security until the 14th of the month.  That's the second Wednesday this month.  I hope I can stretch my funds. Thank goodness my older son, Keith, sent me $150 and that will help with the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medicare supplement.  My car insurance comes due this month on the 17th too. I will use my SER check to pay for that.  It's always something. It's a good thing I'm working part time. I can only work for another 20 months with this program though. Then I will really have to be careful. But I should have the car paid off by then.

Tomorrow we will have meatloaf for lunch with fried potatoes and a veggie. I still have some of Bob's cottage cheese and applesauce for a salad. I hope to get the energy up to make cookies this afternoon.

More later....


3 comments:

Balisha said...

Happy New Year Margie....
Balisha

Betty said...

I don't know why December has to be a five week month. And, I don't like getting my social security until the second Wednesday in every month. Oh, well.

Happy New Year, Margie. I hope 2015 is a good one for you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha and Betty. The same to both of you. Thanks for visiting my blog too.