Sunday, December 7, 2014

Busy, Busy Saturday and Now Sunday

It seems like I have been continually tired since I went back to work...even part time. I come home from work completely wiped out. I never want to go anywhere in the evenings anymore.

Yesterday was a huge day but it was fun! I went to breakfast with Bob first and then on to Leslie's to pick her up for the Christmas arts and crafts shows. We went to the one at the museum first. It was a little disappointing. Then we went by the Episcopal Church  and they had one there too so we stopped again. This time they had a huge Christmas cookie sale too and the cookies were $3.00 a dozen. I knew I had the Living the Questions group this evening so I bought an assorted dozen and a loaf of banana nut bread. I will slice that and put the cookies on my Christmas plate and make up hot cider with mulling spices. Those that don't want the cider can have an assortment of coffees and hot chocolates with my Keurig coffeemaker. I won't have to bake! That's a blessing!

Then we went on to the Methodist Church where they had another one. We looked around but didn't buy anything. We went on to the Magnolia shop where I buy tea for Marlene. We looked around there too but didn't buy anything. On to another Christmas store across the street but didn't buy anything  ..things there were very expensive so we only looked.  Finally we went by the Ace Hardware store where they have a huge gift department. We only looked there too.

After I took Leslie home, I drove down to Bartlesville to meet Myra for lunch and shopping. It had been awhile and we had a lot of catching up to do. We ate at Garfield's.  Then we walked around the mall looking for a pair of green earrings for Myra. Green must be out this year because we couldn't fine any that would match her new shirt. But I did finish my Christmas shopping.  Finally I came on home and wrapped the gifts I had bought for John and the great grand girls. I was exhausted by then. Bob came over for wine and visited for awhile but he left about 7:00.

I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched PBS until 9:00 when we went to bed.

Today we will go to church and out to dinner afterward with a group of others. I will come home and do the congregational letters and get things ready for tonight's group meeting here at 7:00.

Big day!

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading your blog.
Have a nice evening....Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I was tired too, Balisha!