Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday and My Son

Scott came in last night about 10:00. He had driven straight in from Phoenix. That's 16 hours! Wow! Anyhow, I managed to stay up to get him in and visit awhile before he simply had to go to bed. And he slept through the night! That's good. He seldom sleeps more then 5 hours a night.

We got up this morning and later went to breakfast at Eggberts. After that, at 9:30,   I had that classmate meeting. Eight classmates showed up. A couple just couldn't make it. Phyllis pushed for Memorial weekend next May but I said I could not come that weekend because my son and his wife from Phoenix would be here.  So Phyllis suggested we move it up a week till the 16th and 17th. So that's what we're planning to do. I will do as little as I can get by with.  Larry has volunteered to check out Lanning's Restaurant for dinner that Saturday night. I will put mention of the basic plan in the Christmas newsletter and we'll see how much interest there is in it.  It's to be an " 80th Birthday Bash" and will be a simple meeting to renew friendships in the afternoon on Saturday and dinner that night with breakfast at Sirloin Stockade the next morning.  I personally am not interested but I will do what I can to bring it together but this is absolutely the last one!

Later Scott and I went to Independence and he bought a table to put together to set the TV on. We brought the box home in his trunk. I had to go on to work and he stayed to try to put it together. That was a disaster! He ended up throwing it away since following the instructions was impossible for him. It was very involved. Tomorrow, he wants to get the flat screen TV but I don't know what I will do with my present TV, which is too heavy to move easily.   

Anyhow I had kind of a harrowing afternoon at work myself.  I won't go into it now. It's just that I'm to organize that horrible back room at the library. That will be a job I will try to get finished tomorrow afternoon.

We met John and Leslie for dinner tonight at Tavern on the Plaza. It was very good and Scott bought .

Then we came home and crashed. I worked on this blog until 9:00. when I went to bed.


Balisha said...

Have a nice visit with your son....Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I sure will!