Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday At Last

At last it's Friday. I will have my work cut out for me today. I will plan to finish organizing that back room at the library.

Scott and I went to Haymaker's Furniture downtown and bought a really nice TV stand.  We went to the local Wal Mart store to get the TV and sure enough they didn't have any of the ones we were interested in buying in stock....just on display.  So he has taken my car (with a good sized back seat with separate doors and a nice sized truck) and gone back to Independence to get one of the two we looked at there yesterday. I hope he can manage to get it in the car without injuring his bad back. Harold will deliver my TV stand free of charge. He will be in the neighborhood here with a delivery at 11:30. Unfortunately, I could not get him to come off the price any at all. So Scott has spent more then he planned on the gift. But he has not complained.  I hope the Independence Wal Mart has the one he is interested in... in stock.  They generally do but this is the Christmas season....so who knows?

Anyhow...I want to eat a bite before I go to work and he will eat when he gets hungry. We  ate a large breakfast at 8:00 this morning. I know I don't want to fill my stomach like I did last night..tonight. I will just have my yogurt or a smoothie. 

I slept fairly well last night although I woke up at 2:30 with a stomach...too much food at the steak house last night.  I took a Tums. Then later after I couldn't get back to sleep,  I took an allergy pill.  That Benadril put me to sleep after about 15 minutes.  I slept until nearly 6:00.

More later...

Scott got the TV installed but I will need a box to get high definition TV and the one I have (which is actually a DVR) won't fit in the space in the stand.  So Cox is bringing out another box on Monday.  When Scott installed my axillary speakers, for some reason the transmitter stopped working. I miss those because I have a hearing loss in my right ear and they really helped me hear the TV.  When the Cox man comes on Monday, I will ask him to look into that.

The TV is a 47 inch Emerson. It is like having a home theater in my living room. We watched movies on it since I have no TV reception without the box.

No comments: