Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday and A Doctor's Appointment

Today at 9:00 I have a doctor's appointment. It's just the regular semi annual checkup. I will go a little early to give blood so they can check my thyroid.

We will have the leftover chicken casserole for lunch with biscuits and boiled potatoes and coleslaw. The casserole has green peas in it. I hope to have time to bake cookies this morning too.

I have to work today. The library is open even though the rest of the city offices are closed. Maybe  it will be a light day...although with the school holiday, it may be extra heavy. I'll just have to wait and see.  My thumbs are still sore from doing the inventory with that scanner last Friday. I'll just have to deal with it.

I slept well last night. I got a lot done yesterday even though I was unable to make it to the Martin Luther King celebration. By the time I finished the letters and the minutes, it was already 3:00.  So I just read instead.

More later...

This afternoon was a nightmare at work. First I put together another couple of cookbooks. That used two of my four hours. Then Katie wanted me to start again on the inventory.  So I got about three fourths through the aisle and discovered that the tablet was acting up and mixing up the scanned  numbers.  Katie said she didn't know why but I might have accidentally touched the screen and the numbers started at that point instead of at the end. I can't imagine that I did that but who knows. Anyhow, she deleted all that aisle and I have to start again. My hands ache terribly from pulling the books out of the bookcases and opening the covers to scan the bar code.

That's the bad news. Now here's the good news. The lab just called me from the doctor's office.   My cholesterol, which is usually near 200 (although mostly good cholesterol) is down to 115 and the good cholesterol is 85. So they were very pleased and so am I.  She wanted to know what I am doing differently and I told her I try to eat a healthy good lunch in the middle of the day and then just have a couple of cups of Chi Latte and a small carton of yogurt in the evening after work. Also I usually eat oatmeal in the morning...or dry cereal.

More later...

I simply couldn't stay up past 8:30 so I went on to bed. There was absolutely nothing on TV anyhow and reading in the evening makes me even sleepier.

No comments: