Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday and Church Again

This is Sunday and I will go to church this morning.  Afterward a group of us will probably go to lunch somewhere.

Yesterday Bob picked me up at 10:30 and we went to get Marilyn. Then we drove to Owasso for lunch at the Olive Garden there. Bob and I bought Marilyn's lunch. It was very good! We all had an Eggplant Parmesan dish.  That and salad, bread sticks, and peach tea filled us up.   Marilyn was able to take some home for her supper. I ate all of mine and then only had the rest of Bob's pumpkin bread for my supper with two cups of Chi Latte. We had also had a large breakfast at Eggberts that morning.

I got up at 5:30 this morning after warming up the apartment. I had intended to wash my hair but changed my mind after getting up and looking at it.  I can live with it another day or two. I did a little trimming on it where it had grown out of shape. Tuesday it is time for my haircut and color. Then I will pick up a Big Cheese pizza for our lunch.

Anyhow, I have read the paper, done the crossword puzzle and had my coffee and a bowl of dry cereal.  I am dressed and ready for church this morning. I am congregational secretary so I have my minutes book out and my offering envelope ready so I am now checking my e-mail, writing my blog and generally just killing time until 9:00 when Bob will come by to pick me up.  I have been watching the weather on TV. It's fairly mild here and yesterday was simply lovely.  It got up into the  60s. Remarkable...for January in Kansas.

This evening we have our Living the Questions group at Bobby and Karan's home.  I imagine that will be at 7:00 since she did not tell me she intended to have dinner too. Sometimes we do that.  We may not have many. Keith died, Joyce was sick the last I heard, Richard and Mona have not been coming lately.  Marilyn and Bob will be there and maybe Becky. So there may be as few as 6 this evening.

More later....

We ate at the Railroad Inn in Independence and although the meal was good, it was more expensive then the Olive Garden meal yesterday. I couldn't do that too often.

I spent the afternoon doing my letters...even thought hey won't go out until Tuesday...at least they are finished.  I also worked on the minutes of today's business meeting.   

Bob came over to watch some of the football game. Later, near 7:00, we left to go to Bobby and Karan's for the Living the Questions group meeting.   We had a good time although there were only 6 of us. Mona and Richard have the flu and Joyce is still sick.

I got home at 9:00 and got ready for bed and then stayed up until 10:00