Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Morning and a Challenge

The funeral yesterday was done in a way I do not appreciate. The minister spoke mostly about his own experience and not about the deceased much at all.  Furthermore, he read his sermon and didn't look up at the congregation. I much prefer a celebration of the life of the deceased. Oh well....if Joyce was happy with it, who am I to complain?

This morning when we go to church, I will have to figure out how to install that cartridge for the copier. I think I know where the instructions are and they may even be on the box.  I will figure it out though.  Phyllis will need to use it to print off the bulletins this morning.

I had the best night's sleep I'd had in weeks. I didn't wake up until quarter till 5:00. Missy must have slept well too. She was not feeling well yesterday. She threw up in three places on the floor....two of them on the carpet. I cleaned it up, of course, and used some carpet cleaner I keep on hand.  She seems fine this morning.  I am hoping it wasn't her new cat food. I can no longer find the senior Iams I have fed her for years. The vet had recommended it.  So this time I bought Science Diet. She seems to like it fine. I was afraid she wouldn't appreciate having her food changed but she seems to actually prefer it.

We will be eating out today after church...I don't know where....probably El Pueblo.  That seems to be a favorite.  Then I will come home and get the letters ready. We will be baking cakes this week for the first time in several weeks. I will take them up to Independence when I go up Tuesday to have my hair done.

More later....

It turned out to be a very frustrating Sunday morning. I tried to get the print cartridge installed in the copier/printer at church and it simply would not seat and I kept getting an error message or a paper jam. Leslie tried it too and so did Bill but none of us could get it to snap in there.  So we had no bulletins and we had to postpone the budget business meeting because we could not make copies of the material. 

So...I will have to contact the manager/owner of the office supply store and try to get him to go out to church and show me what the problem is. The copier kept showing an error message saying a little blue lock would snap it in and lock it into place but none of us could see a little blue lock.  We also couldn't see it in the bottom of the copier just in case it had broken off.  I have a limited amount of time to take care of this. I have exercise class (which I will not attend this morning because of this problem) and also have lunch to fix before I go to work at 1:00.  I also have a cake to make today for the Christian Church for their dinner tomorrow.  I woke up at 3:30 with all this on my mind.

One of the reasons I gave up being pastor was that I had too much in my life that affected my sleep. We have three pastors now and they all have demanding full time jobs.  None of them have the time to deal with this.

Bob came over last night and watched the football game with me and also 60 Minutes. 60 Minutes is not the program it used to be. When he left, I took my bath and put my PJs on and stayed up until 9:00 and then Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: