Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Morning and Church

I've been up since shortly before 5:00 this morning and have paid two bills (at least I wrote the checks)...one was rent and the other is offering.

I got Missy's treats right off this morning and filled her food bowl. She insists! Then I made my coffee and browned my biscuit for breakfast.  Then I read the paper and did the crossword puzzle. Now I am trying to catch up on the blogging.  Bob will be here to pick me up for church in about 30 minutes. He came over last evening and read the Friday paper while I made peanut butter cookies. I sent him home with half a dozen since he provided the peanut butter and brown sugar. :)

I had a really busy day yesterday. Besides the lunch and visit with Myra, I got a lot of other stuff done for my Superbowl party this evening.  I bought bowls and napkins at Wal Mart there in Bartlesville. I was hoping I could find Superbowl popcorn bowls and napkins but no such luck! I even went to the Hallmark store looking for those.

I still have to make my apple crisp (apple brown Betty) this afternoon. I will make it after I do the  newsletters for the congregation. I have popcorn, caramel popcorn, mixed nuts, chocolate covered almonds, and ice cream (for Joyce). I hope they can all make it. There are only six of them coming. That's all I can seat comfortably in my living room.

More later....

Well Joyce didn't come to the party.  She had had company all day and was just too tired. But everyone else came. My daughter called at 4:30 and told me they had seen the pregame show and the Superbowl was starting at 5:00. I hurriedly called Bob and Joyce and Marilyn and told them that the Reporter had given the wrong time and the game was starting at 5:00. They all rushed around and came right over.  We had a real good time. I ate too much "junk" food. Popcorn, nuts and chocolate almonds were just too much. We drank Marilyn's white wine and I fixed hot chocolate for Bobby and tea for Marilyn and Karan later on. Then I served the apple brown Betty and they left about 9:30. Of course, the Patriots won. It was a real tight game though. There at the last I thought the Seahawks might be able to pull off another touchdown and win but the ball was intercepted by a Patriot. It was truly a good game.

I stayed up until 10:30 and finally went on to my bath and to bed.

No comments: