Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday and Working Two Hours.

I will work from 9:00 until 11:00 today and then Bob and I will go to "Just Us" for lunch.

More later...about yesterday.

Yesterday was really a nightmare for me. Katie wanted me to go into the teen room and scan all the books there except those I had scanned day before yesterday. So what was the problem? The first two bookshelves were just like the ones I had been scanning all month....no problem. The rest of them...seven of them....were shorter so I didn't have to stand on the stool to reach them. However, the bottom shelves were also full of books. Those were right off the floor so that meant I had to sit on the floor to pull the books out to be scanned. Besides that, they were tightly held in those shelves, which meant I had to literally pull them out and then try to get them back in their place after I scanned the bar code. Halfway through the process, after getting down on the floor about five times and then having to get myself back up to scan the books bar codes in the next bookcase, I was putting one of the books back in and the entire shelf fell out and all the books fell on my lap. I checked and the shelf only had three plugs in the holes that hold the shelf up. They were delicately balanced on that shelf and when I put the last book back, the entire thing came down.  I saved the row on the tablet and then went to tell Katie about it. She acted like the entire mess was all my fault. But she did get another peg and replace the one that was missing. I looked around for the original but it was nowhere to be found.

I finished the room. It took three and a half hours. Paula didn't come in so I spent the next half hour filing away all the DVD cases. When I got home, I was wiped out.

Most of this job is alright but the book scanning is a hassle.  If you don't save within two minutes of stopping scanning a shelf, the tablet shuts down and you have to reboot it.  Then you have to find the proper day and open it. Then you have to scroll down and find the bottom and be sure the curser is blinking right there.  It's a hassle.

Anyhow, I finished reading my book last night and then Missy and I went on to bed. At 3:00 this morning I awoke hurting all over.  I got up and took two Aleve and then got back to sleep. I awoke at 5:30 the next time and got up.

I stripped my bed and  washed my sheets and remade my bed. 

Today during my two hours of Saturday make up time, she had me shelf reading the whole two hours.

Bob will be over here soon and we will go to Cherryvale to eat at "Just Us".

No comments: