Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday and Back to Work

Well, we had very little snow yesterday but it's very cold this morning. I looked and it's 10 degrees this morning and it's only going to warm up to 31 today. But the snow is nearly non existent.  It's the ice under it that's treacherous. I will need to go get some milk today but I will need to be careful.

John, one of my classmates, came over yesterday afternoon with a proposal. He had responded to a request of a publisher for old people like us to share their past experiences with the past culture...a culture that is long past. This publisher is interested in having older people share their past experiences before we are gone. They are interested in such experiences as the ice delivery man and the milk being delivered to the front door by the milk man. John had shared those experiences. I shared the experience of the telephone operator and the movie theater when tickets were .14 for those under age14 and .45 cents for the adult matinee.  The evening movie cost .60 for adults.  With all these types of shared experiences, that should be an interesting book.

Bob decided to just stay home last night. It was warm there and he didn't want to get out again. Of course that was fine with me. I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched TV until 9:00 and then I went to bed. I slept well last night too.

We will have Karan's chili for lunch today. Tomorrow we will heat up the casserole we had yesterday.

More later....

We did have the chili and it was very good. Tomorrow we'll have our leftover casserole. 

Tonight The Big Bang Theory is on and I imagine Bob will be over for that. After he leaves I will take my bath and put my PJs on because I am very tired tonight.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Be careful if you go out today!

Margie's Musings said...

I did, Sister--Three...and I was careful