Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday House Cleaning Day

Thursday is one of those few days when I don't have exercise class or have to take cakes to Independence.  I use it to catch up my laundry and clean the apartment. Bob will be delivering meals on wheels for a friend today so I won't have to cook. We will just catch a sandwich at Arby's.  Then I will go on to work.

Yesterday I scanned bar codes. There were only two books that were not in the system for day before yesterday's scanning and Katie picked those up.  I got almost finished and the batteries went out on the scanner. I found some that go into audio books and Katie put those in. Then I finished the aisle.

I slept well last night. I woke up twice...once to go to the bathroom and the second time because Scott texted me to check out my status with the storm.

More later...the washer is finished and I need to fold out clothes in the dryer....

Well, I got the house sparkling clean and the laundry done and put away. I am very tired but will rest up before going to work. 

I found a lady to do the cake for my class reunion on the 16th and also she is going to do the wedding cake for the kids on the 23rd. She is supposed to call me back with the cost.  If it is too high for Leslie, I will pay for it myself. I am so happy to find someone that does wedding cakes and could work it into her schedule.  I am trying to find someone who has yellow roses that will be finished by the 23rd so I can collect the petals.  Jeromy thought it would be neat for the girls to scatter them before Ginger comes down for the marriage.

I will meet Bob for lunch at either Sirloin Stockade. 

We did meet at Sirloin Stockade for lunch and then I went on to work . It wqas another sort of nightmare afternoon. It started out fine. Katie was not there so I put away DVDs until Paula came and then I went into the genealogy room and repaired and cleaned DVDs for forty five minutes.  Then I put away the new fiction books.  Then Adrian came in and told me to cut announcements from 91/2 X 12 pages into fourths...an entire ream of them. I spent the next hour and thirty minutes cutting pages into fourths. I didn't get entirely finished but I got a bunch done.  It was exhausting. I used a paper cutter but...... for an hour and a half.   First I had to fold them in half and cut that and then fold the halves into fourths and cut them.

If Katie is back today I may scan bar codes again.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How nice about the cakes ! You will have to take photos for us when she's made them :)

Margie's Musings said...

I will try to remember to do that, Deb.