Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday and Cakes to Deliver

I have to take the cakes to the Christian Church in Independence this morning and afterward get my hair done. I hope to have enough time to plant my flowers too. I was going to do it next Saturday but we are supposed to have rain all weekend. Darn! And I also want to run out to John and Leslie's and pick up three pounds of ground beef.

I slept well last night even after that horrendous afternoon at work. All I ate last evening was a mini Sonic blast though.  I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to eat...even yogurt. Today may be even worse. I will be scanning bar codes again. I got all the rest of the books picked up from last week's scanning yesterday. Katie enters them into the system after I bring them in and Carolyn puts them away when she comes in at 5:00 and works in the evening.  She also puts away all the books that come in during the day. That has got to be a huge job.

I have my beans in the slow cooker now. I washed and soaked them last night. I added onion, salt and the ham this morning. They will cook all morning and may be finished when I get back home from Leslie's.  I will put them in a casserole dish and put them in the frig. We will have them tomorrow with cornbread.  I will eat my leftover cashew chicken from Sunday today.

More later....

It was a busy day at work.  I started putting away DVDs but Katie came in and told me she was ready for me to begin scanning bar codes so I left the rest for Paula.

I did get an entire aisle finished and then continued putting away DVDs and also repaired and cleaned another four DVDs.. I may get caught up yet.  Today I imagine she will have another list of books not in the system to find.

When I got home I read the paper and soon Bob came over to have wine. He stayed until 7:30 and began to get tired so he went home. I took my bath and sat in the recliner with Missy until finally I went to bed.


No comments: