Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday and To The Hospital

Today is my niece's cancer surgery. I called Bob to be sure he was up and around. He was.  He will go pick her up at 6:00 and it's only 5:35 now. I will go on up to the hospital around 6:15. We will need to stay with her and help with the pain meds, they tell us.  Strange...I thought that was what their staff was to do.  We will know more after the surgery though. I hope the cancer is not "poorly differentiated".  She has waited so long to get this done.

We will just plan to eat lunch at the hospital cafeteria.  

More later....



Denise had her surgery today. The doctor said it went well. He took out the cancer and two fibroid tumors and said he didn’t see that it had infiltrated the lining of the uterus.  But he said he would not know for sure until the pathology report came back. She is doing well in room 263 at CRMC. She has been out of bed and to the bathroom and also had the catheter out.  She seems to be not in too much pain.  My daughter, Leslie, was up to see her this afternoon and the church sent flowers. Her dad and I were there during the surgery and until noon. He went back up when I went to work. We both went back up this evening to check on her. 

We both left at noon and went to Sirloin Stockade to eat some lunch. He came over after I got home from work and had not eaten anything. I warmed up some meatloaf for him and he had some of the coleslaw too.  That seemed to be all he wanted.

Work was it's usual problem. I put away several baskets of DVDs and then scaned another aisle of bar codes. I have one aisle of non fiction left to scan. And then Katie will start me on the genealogy area.  My hands ache and I am very tired. I hope I can hold out for another year and a half.  I think I will buy some earplugs. It would help me if the place wasn't so noisy. The noise makes me very nervous.

I will watch some TV before I go to bed.

No comments: