Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another Busy Tuesday

This will be  a busy day.

If you read yesterdays blog, you know just how busy.

I neglected to mention that I want to leave for Independence early so I can drop off the stuff I have in my car at the church for the rummage sale next month. Then the first thing I do when I get to Independence, is take the cakes in to the First Christian Church there. Then I will go to my hair appointment and after that I will have Bob drop me off at Juanita's so I can balance her checkbook.

I slept fitfully last night. I don't know for sure but it might be that serving of cherry pie cake that Bob and I had before he left last night. We also had a glass of wine.  Whatever....I woke up twice and the second time I had trouble getting back to sleep. Finally I just got up at 4:45.

I talked to Cox, my TV source last night. The weather channel was tearing and skipping. They have it fixed now though. They told me while was talking to them about the channel problem, that beginning in November I will begin losing the analog stations that I still have and will have to get them to send me a new mini box to even receive them. They are going all digital by January 1st. That box will be free for the first year and then I will be charged $1.99 a month to have it. At the present, I pay $8.50 a month for this old type box. He assured me there were no new price raises planned in the future.  Yeah! I believe that. They've had a raise in cost each year lately.

More later....

Bob and I stopped at the church and left the things Marilyn R donated for our rummage sale. Then we went on to Independence and took the cakes to the First Christian Church. Then I took him over to his sister, Betty's, house and dropped him off. I went on to my hair appointment and then to Juanita's house to balance her checkbook. I went back to pick Bob up afterward and we went to Big Cheese to have lunch. I took him home after that and came back home to check on Missy.  Now it's time for me to go to work.




2 comments:

Betty said...

I went ahead and got the mini-boxes for my tvs and I am really enjoying having more channels, not to mention the great HD picture. I didn't have to get them until January 12, but I wanted the better picture and more channels. I figured since I was going to have to do it anyway, or do without television, I might as well go ahead.The free year was attractive, too. I didn't have a box because I don't have HBO or any of the other premium channels, anyway.

Margie's Musings said...

I had to have a box to even get the second from the lowest package. I don't have any premium channels either or HBO.