Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday and Joplin

This morning, Bob will come by and pick me up and we will go to Joplin to eat at Olive Garden. So we ate at home this morning. I had a bowl of cereal and juice and my first cup of coffee.

I have been watching the weather. It appears Florida will get the Erika hurricane. I hope Scott and Ginger's place on the island will be o.k.

My sheets are in the laundry now. As soon as that finishes I will put them in the dryer and go out on the carport with Missy. She has been pretty patient.

It is supposed to heat up into the 90s next week. That means I will be using my air conditioning more.  My electric bill in this all electric apartment was $101.12 this month and July/August was pretty cool. 

It rained again yesterday so the lawn was not mowed....again.  By Monday it will be three weeks since it was mowed. It was supposed to be mowed Tuesday but the mower was doing another yard first and the belt on his mower broke and they had to order one. It was to have been in on Thursday but it rained Thursday and Friday.  So now the lawn looks like it needs baling.

More later....

I got my bed remade and the laundry finished. I even took Missy out for 45 minutes. She lying here behind me on the daybed now. (getting cat hair all over it) I have some time to kill. Bob won't be by to pick me up until 10:00.

I have been reading a blog of an old friend of mine. He is so wise. If you're interested, you can find it here.

http://grantamused.blogspot.com/

More later...

We got back from Joplin about 3:30. We had a great lunch at Olive Garden and then went to the mall. I bought a new tablecloth at Bed Bath and Beyond.  That gives me three oval tablecloths. They are very hard to find in ovals. I have one beige, one green and now one gold/yellow.  I'd like another one but the one I bought was on sale for $4.99 so I can't complain.

I spent most of the evening trying to get  the e-mail program on the desktop computer fixed but it can only receive mail and not send any out so I will have to either use this one for e-mail or the old 2007 laptop that has Outlook Express on it. Bob came at 6:00 or so and we watched a movie and then I really needed to get my bath and get ready for bed so he left. There is nothing worth watching on TV anymore anyhow. I turn the weather on first thing and then turn to the news.  Then I usually turn on the music. With the Bose system Scott bought for me, it is really entertaining.

No comments: