Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Again and Living the Questions Group

I slept pretty well last night. Especially after the rain began this morning. I slept until 6:00, which is unusual. Now there is thunder and lightening so Missy will not want to go out. That's good. I will just relax. Bob texted me this morning that he had his pumpkin bread in the oven. We take turns taking dessert breads to the Church School classes at church to drink with coffee or tea. The great granddaughters love it. Of course, son-in-law, John, does too. He is so good with the girls.

The trip yesterday really wiped me out. I don't know why exactly. It was good to see so many people from the mission center that I know from church reunion (camp).  We had a nice lunch at Chili's with six of us. Leslie bought mine. I had taken money for my lunch but she picked up my ticket. What a gal!

This morning Bob came over to read the newspaper.  Afterward, I will put it on Marilyn's mailbox so she can read it.

More later....

After church six of us went out to El Peublito for lunch. Afterward I came home and worked on my newsletters and then baked my cherry pie cake for the meeting tonight at my apartment.  When I went to pick up Gary, I noticed that Bob had called. I had forgotten to put the sound back up on my phone and did not hear it ring. I heard his message though and it appears he is not feeling well at all. I stopped by his apartment and it seems he ate too much at lunch and it did did not agree with him. So he was not coming to the meeting. I called Bobby to tell him I had left the door unlocked and that I had gone to pick up Gary. It worked out fine though because after Gary and I got back to the apartment,  none of them had arrived yet. Bobby and Karan had stopped by to pick up David, their pastor, who wanted to attend.

So we ended up with only six. Richard and Mona and Ramie did not come and  Marilyn and Lorie got home from their reunion but were too tired to try to come.  That's understandable. If they had made it I would have been surprised. We started back with the "Saving Jesus" DVD and had a nice discussion afterward. They all left shortly after 9:00 and I cleaned up, took my bath and put everything away before I went to bed.  I have lots of dessert left.  I will share some of it with Marilyn R later this morning when she is up. I almost asked her to attend the meeting but wasn't too sure how many to expect. We generally have ten or so. My apartment can handle just about ten.


No comments: