Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday and Hump Day Again

Yesterday afternoon at work was very busy. I did a number of things. I started, as usual, with putting away dozens of DVDs in the machines that store them and then filing their boxes in the revolving DVD cases.  That took until 3:00. Then the revolving cases were so full that I had to move some of the empty boxes into some space I created last week on some empty shelves under the new videos in the middle case. That helped the last group but when I put away yesterday's I ran out of room again. So I did a lot of shifting to make some space. I don't know how long that will help.

After I finished that project, Elaine wanted me to pull some new library cards from the sheets they come in for her.  Then I put away the new fiction books. After that I filed cards for Sara. Then I cleaned two DVDs and filed them afterward.

Then I bound up all the rest of the 2014 magazines for the book and magazine sale in September.  We will sell those by the bundle. I finally finished at 4:50 and since I had come in at 12:50, I left and went home. What a day!

When I got home I had my yogurt and a couple of cookies and sat down and took off my shoes to rest. Bob came over at 6:00 to watch the news with me and a couple of old Big Bang Theory programs. Then we walked over to Braums for an ice cream cone. He bought this time. We also walked on to Orchelons to look for Missy's cat food. Since she is 12, going on 13, I feed her Iams for seniors. They didn't have it.  I will look at Wal Mart today.

When I got back home, and after Bob left and I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner until bedtime.

Today, I will not do much here at home until time to start lunch. Maybe I will read again. I need to stay off my feet. For lunch we will have chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy with a veggie and a coleslaw salad. I still have one serving of cherry pie cake for our dessert.

I got up at 4:30 this morning after a fitful night of sleep.  Part of the problem is my back. I have been having problems with it since I am on my feet for four hours in the afternoons.


No comments: