Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday and Back to Ministerial Alliance

Since I am no longer working, I have decided to go back to Coffeyville's Ministerial Alliance. I was their secretary/treasurer for eight years before I went back to work. They meet the first Thursday of each month. I think our church needs to be a part of the community's Christian community and our three pastors all have full time jobs so I am the one free to re-join.  I made a reservation for their luncheon yesterday.  I know many of the ministers of the community from my previous association. It will be good to see them all again.

I told Bob yesterday that he would be on his own for lunch today unless he wanted to go with me. He chose not to do so. He took some of the spaghetti for his lunch today. (Then he ate it for his supper last night) :) I still have some so he could take it home today if he doesn't mind eating it again.

Tomorrow he goes to Bartlesville for his doctor's appointment there. I may go with him to help him with the paperwork. Then we would probably eat out there tomorrow. If Bob doesn't take that spaghetti today, we would have it on Saturday.  We always eat out on Sunday too with the church group.

I slept pretty well last night and talked to Keith and Esther on the phone before bedtime. It's always good to hear from them.

I will not eat breakfast with the girls today. Marilyn is in Winfield and Karan is at the hospital with Bobby. Gretchen has moved on to Arizona, I believe, to look for property. She is looking for a new home for her husband and herself and was just visiting here. It would have just been Joyce and me and Joyce is preparing to leave for California on Tuesday.

More later...

Bobby was released from the hospital Wednesday night and was doing better. He went back in as an outpatient this morning and had the MRI he missed while the machine was down. He will have an appointment on Monday with the neurosurgeon and find out what the result was and what the next step will be. 

I attended the alliance meeting but no one spoke or welcomed me until an old friend came in. Then he asked to sit with me and we had a good conversation. The program was good. Katie, from the library, did a fine job and then after the meeting broke up I rejoined the alliance. There were several I did not know.  Ministers change often. I will get re-acquainted eventually.  

After the meeting I went out to a rain storm. I made it to my car without getting too wet...I had parked nearby...and got on back home. I had my mail and Scott's book had arrived. I went to the post office and sent it off. It will be a week or ten days before he receives it.

Then I came back home and pretty much relaxed the rest of the afternoon. Later in the evening, I went over to Braums and bought ice cream. Late, Bob came over and we had a bowl of it. After he left I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched a TV program.  Then we went to bed.

 

No comments: